The general information about OshTU library
The library of OshTU.
The library of OshTU was formed at the same time with the university. It has its own mission, value.
The mission of The library of OshTU:
- Keeping, managing and provision library’s scientific fund;
- Providing readers with the necessary resources;
- Experience enrichment and widening opportunities.
The library values of OshTU:
- Striving to be better;
- responsibility for university success.
The main fund in dynamics in 2018-2020’s
The main library fund is 114048 units publication in state, Russian and foreign languages, among them there are 29546 educational and training methodological literature, 494 units are scientific literature and also there are 195 publications in CDs and as electronic versions. 89 newspapers and magazine titles for 113888 soms 61 tyiyns were signed for 2018 year.
The main library fund in dynamics in 2018-2020’s
2018 г 2019 г 2020 г Textbooks 1436 2410 716 4562 training methodological aids 678 635 181 1494 Total 2114 3045 897 6056 Sum 378706с20т 531210с 561375с 1471291s20t
The main library fund replenished constantly with educational and training methodological, scientific literatures developed by teaching staff of the university.
Osh Technological University named after M. M. Adysheva is a member of the International Association of Users and Developers of Electronic Libraries and New Information Technologies (Association Kirlibnet.ru/kg.). This Kirlibnet program has been running since March 25, 2010.
The library automation system IRBIS is a set of software tools that provide automation of modern library technological processes. The system is constantly evolving and improving, satisfying new advances in hardware and system software that appear on the market. Teachers and students studied the IRBIS program actively and use electronic catalogs.
The users of the scientific library also have access to full-text resources located on remote servers and accessible by the IP addresses of the university and have access to Republican Interuniversity Electronic Library (RIEB) -Irbis (email address www.kirlibnet.ru/kg), as well as to international scientific databases :
Отделы Number of books Subscription 31292 Reading hall for teaching staff 4116 Reading hall for students 4243 Foreign languages room 1674 Total 41325
The total area of OshTU Library
The Osh TU library is located on the first floor of the main building. The total area of the library: 1502 sq.m. The library has: a reading hall for students, a reading hall for teachers, a subscription department and a room of foreign languages.
Departments of OshTU library
- There are 4183 copies, textbooks and tutorials and 32 tablets in the reading hall for students.
- There are 4324 copies of textbooks and teaching aids in the reading room for teachers.
- There are 99489 copies of textbooks and teaching aids on the subscription.
There are 9 computers and 3 printers in the library of Osh TU.
On the ground floor there are still several rooms that are used for various events, namely:
- The reading hall for students is designed for 68 seats.
- The reading hall for teachers is designed for 30 seats.
- The meeting room is designed for 50 seats.
- There are 15 seats in the career center.
There are several classrooms on the second floor of the library, as:
- Foreign languages room №9 is designed for 40 seats;
- Science department room №8 is designed for 20 seats;
- Diploma design room №12 is designed for 18 seats, it is used by all faculties of the university and college;
- the room №10 is located on the second floor, works by contract. The Osh City Library is served equally for both, university and college students.
The library has a service sector and storing funds. There are books in the amount of 114 319 publications and teaching aids, popular science magazines of central and local periodicals in the library storage of OshTU.
The library is composed of the fundamental library fund, which consists of technical literature for all specialties, as well as fiction, periodicals, dissertations, abstracts, etc.
Part of the basement is used by Osh city library for storing its books. The number of books is 21,000 copies. The library has an information service (tablet, internet and WiFi), which is available for students of Osh TU and college, teachers and staff.
The library of Osh TU consists of 10 workers. There are electronic catalogs for books, magazines, newspapers and other publications in the library. In addition, we have systematic, alphabetical and topographic catalogs. Library service is provided by ID-card and library cards for all categories of readers.
The members of the library
Kushubakova Almakan Tashtemirovna – director of the OshTU library.
tel: +996 555 865 910
Specialty, education: Faculty of Philology, Osh State Pedagogical Institute
Salieva Gulsana, chief librarian of OshTU. tel:. +996 550 240 634
Akmatova Arzikan Tentimishovna, librarian of OshTU.
Tel. +996 553 180 900
Education: 1977 – 1979 Financial and economic technical school in Frunze.
Letter of thanks “Association of Electronic Libraries” 2013 Certificate “Automated Library Systems Modules IRBIS”. 2016
Satimbaeva Kiparisa Ozgorushovna, librarian of OshTU.
Tel +996 778 281 417
Education: teacher of the Kyrgyz language and literature
Kurbanbai kyzy Akmangul, librarian of OshTU
tel +996 772 686 555
Kedeibaeva Akmaral Arstanalievna, librarian of OshTU.
Tel +996 772 650 128
Salieva Aytgul Sartbaevna, librarian of OshTU.
Tel. +996 556 422 369
Zhusupova Gulzat, librarian of OshTU.
KIRLIBNET www.kyrlibnet.kg – access to the Electronic catalogs of 17 libraries of Kyrgyzstan: KNU, KRSU, KSTU, KGUSTA, MUK, KGYUA, BSU, YGU, ZhaGU, OshTU, OshSU, NSU, NB KR, GPTB, UNPK IUK, MUCA …
Open archive KIRLIBNET www.arch.kyrlibnet.kg access to full-text educational, educational and scientific electronic resources of 17 libraries of Kyrgyzstan:
- Abstracts of dissertations
- Bulletins of universities and GPTB
- Monographs, textbooks and patent documentation
- Lectures and teaching aids
- Research reports
- Collections to assist small and medium-sized businesses
- GPTL overview information and bibliographic indexes
Association of Electronic Libraries of Kyrgyzstan (Irbis)
From September 1, 2006 to March 31, 2010, BIC took part in the implementation of the International United Europroject: “Exchange of Library and Information Resources between University Libraries of Kyrgyzstan (KYRLIBNET)”.
To train users, the following MODULES of BIC training courses have been developed:
- use of electronic documentation;
- basics of computer literacy and the Internet;
- work with EC, and ABS “IRBIS” – work in the library and library resources
- copyright (developed in the framework of the European project) WEB 2.0.
The Association of Electronic Libraries of Kyrgyzstan (16 members) – AEBK was created, and OshTU library is a member of it.
In the frame of financial support of the European project the BIC is equipped with 28 computers, 2 computers with a server, (scanner + printer + copier) -1 “Epson” projector-1, provided with a new version of the program ABS “IRBIS-64”.
Since 2006, an electronic catalog has begun to function in this library. The electronic catalog (EC) provides access to the resources of the CIC. In 2006, the CIC acquired 2 ABS systems “IRBIS-32” by the Soros-Kyrgyzstan Foundation grant, in 2011 “KYRLIBNET” was granted by European project and was provided with 5 software systems of the ABS “IRBIS-64”.
Dear teachers and students!
OshTU Library is pleased to inform you that access to the largest Electronic Library System IPRbooks is open!
Book monuments of Kyrgyzstan – access to book monuments on the history of Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia, geography, archeology, ethnography, Kyrgyz folklore and linguistics, as well as to the first publications on the epic “Manas”
UN House Library is access to official documents and information materials of the UN in Kyrgyzstan.
Publishing House “Lan” is an access to free electronic versions of books by Russian publishing house “Lan” and other leading publishing houses of educational literature, as well as electronic Polpred.com Media Review — Full text in Russian, 3 million articles in 15 years. TASS / RIA / Interfax / Regnum / Rosbalt / Russian newspaper / MK / Commersant / RBK – 600 news agencies and business publications. Their main, as well as regional and thematic issues are without repetitions, advertising and photos. The main electronic media about finance or medicine, information technology, oil and gas industry, mining, construction, transport. Articles from the sites of the Kremlin, government, ministries and departments. The media shows the movement of financial flows, novels in the state system and private business, success stories.
EBS IPRbooks – 128,000 publications of which more than 40,000 are educational and scientific publications in various disciplines, about 1,000 titles of Russian and foreign journals, more than 2,000 audio publications. The EBS IPR BOOKS content is presented by publications of more than 600 federal, regional, university publishing houses, research institutes, leading authors’ teams, the content of which meets the requirements of federal educational standards for higher, secondary vocational, additional professional education and is updated daily with new topical publications.
The Rules of using OshTU Library
OshTU Library (hereinafter referred to as the Library) forms, stores funds in the thematic areas of the educational process and research activities of the university and organizes access to them.
The library performs the functions of a scientific, informational, cultural and educational feature, provides academic, educational, scientific and innovative activities at the university.
These Rules are developed in accordance with the Regulations Model “About the Library of the of Higher Professional Education Organization ” approved by the order of the Education and Science Ministry of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The rules regulate the arranging general services procedure for readers, the rights and obligations of the library and readers.
The order of readers’ registration in the library
- Registration of readers is made on subscriptions.
- First-year students enroll in the Library temporarily with an identity card. After receiving a library card, they can attend the entire period of study.
- After registration the reader is obliged to introduce with these Library Rules and to follow them strictly.
- Before leaving the university, readers must return all the publications to the library.
Usage regulations of the subscription
Literature is handed out to the house by subscriptions.
The reader presents a library card while ordering literature, (1st year students can take with an identity card till the end of September).
In receiving books and other materials from the library fund, the reader is obliged to look through carefully the publications and, if there any defects are found, inform the librarian about it, otherwise the last reader of that publication is responsible for damage of it.
The term of use of the literature given out at home is limited:
- educational literature is handed out for a semester determined in accordance with curricula and programs;
- scientific literature is handed out for a period of up to 1 month and no more than 5 copies at a time;
- fiction no more than 3 copies up to 15 days.
- program fiction is handed out for a semester.
Reading hall rules
- Service in the reading hall is provided only after receiving a library card.
- At the entrance to the reading hall, you must present a library card to register your visit.
- In the classic reading hall, visitors are given the opportunity to work in the open access mode to the fund of the reading hall, which allows them to independently find the necessary literature, as well as view the publications available in the fund on topics of interest.
- The number of books, other printed works and other materials for classes is not limited in the reading hall.
- If the necessary literature is not in the reading hall, you need to make an order in the sections “Electronic library” or “Electronic catalog” by contacting the librarian-manager of the hall.
Books from the reading hall can be handed out from 5 pm on the current day to 10 am on the next day.
- Literature in a single copy is not handed out to the home, but you can make a photocopy of the necessary pages through copiers or mobile phones in the hall.
Hall for master students
- Work with dissertations and abstracts is carried out only in the master’s hall. Copying and / or scanning of individual fragments of dissertations and abstracts, including a list of references is allowed only with the written permission of the author.
- Teachers, researchers, doctoral students, master students, students and researchers of OshTU use the fund of dissertations and abstracts on the basis of a special letter of application (see Appendix 1).
- A letter of application for the right to use the dissertation fund is valid for one calendar year.
- Responsibility for the correct use of dissertation materials lies with the reader and the advisor who signs the letter of application.
- Electronic versions of abstracts and dissertations are available on the library website.
- Library of OshTU forms a fund of dissertations in traditional (printed) and electronic forms.
Authors donate to the library (Department of Acquisition and Storage of the funds):
- One copy of the thesis and abstract in printed form;
- Electronic version of the thesis on CD disks / flash cards (1 pc.);
- Thesis must be stitched and hardcover.
- The library carries out scientific processing of the thesis, enters data into the library’s reference and library help desk.
- Submission of dissertations with corrections, defects, fuzzy printing, etc. to the library is not allowed.
Rules of visiting an electronic library
- • Electronic reading hall provides access to Internet resources and electronic information resources of the library, as well as the possibility to work with the software installed on computers for educational and scientific activities.
- • The electronic library is separated into working areas for the convenience of users: multimedia, Internet, graphic programs, electronic resources, electronic catalogs, subscription databases, multimedia files and satellite TV.
- While visiting the electronic library, readers show a library card to the librarian-manager (first-year students during September with identity card) and are recorded in the visit log.
Readers are not allowed:
- eat and drink while working in the hall;
- visit and work in the hall their coats on;
- connect and disconnect computer equipment and peripheral devices on their own will;
- talk on the phone.
Readers are obligated to:
- while using personal storage media (flash drives, disks) check for viruses;
- switch phones to silent mode;
- keep quiet while they are in the hall of the electronic library;
- restore its full value at their own expense in case of damage to the property of the electronic library (equipment, appliances, furniture, etc.),;
- the administration of the library and the staff of the hall of the electronic library are not responsible for the users’ personal belongings left unattended;
- in case of non-compliance with the above rules, the user may be partially or completely limited access to the services of the electronic library.
Working with rare and valuable publications
- Working with rare and valuable publications is allowed only in the reading hall.
- While working with rare and valuable publications, the reader should handle them with care and not perform any actions that could cause them any damage.
Rules for third-party users
- library services are provided free of charge for students of other universities, if they show a student card.
- Registration to the library of third-party users (employees, doctoral students, teacher, undergraduates) is recorded on a library subscription using an identity card / passport and a payment receipt.
- Third-party users and legal entities use the services of the library on a paid-contractual basis, purchasing a subscription to use the OshTU Library. The cost of the subscription is indicated in the services pricelist, which is developed by the financial authorities of the university and approved by the supervising vice-rector.
Working procedure with donations in the library
The library accepts the following types of publications in traditional and electronic form as donations:
- Training and teaching materials publications (last 5 years of publication);
- scientific and scientific popular publications (last 5 years of publication);
- art albums;
- domestic and foreign fiction;
- magazines corresponding to the profile of the library or necessary to restore missing copies in the set;
- manuscripts, publications classified as rare, unique and valuable.
Reader’s rights and obligations
Library readers have the right to:
- use the main types of library and information services provided free of charge;
- get books and any other sources of information for temporary use on all library subscriptions;
- get complete information on the composition of the library funds through the electronic catalog and other forms of library information;
- get advice in the search and selection of information sources.
- бесплатно пользоваться предоставляемыми основными видами библиотечно-информационных услуг;
- получать книги и любые другие источники информации для временного пользования на всех абонементах библиотеки;
- получать полную информацию о составе фондов библиотеки через электронный каталог и другие формы библиотечного информирования;
- получать консультативную помощь в поиске и выборе источников информации.
Readers obliged to:
- comply with these Library Usage Rules;
- perform a library card to obtain literature;
- treat books, other printed works, other library materials and library property with care;
- give back publications on time;
- perform a library card to the employees before coming into the library, to leave their coats, jackets at the cloakroom, and leave large bags and backpacks in the storage room;
- switch phones to silent mode, do not talk loudly, do not bring food and drinks to reading halls;
- in case of loss or damage to a library book you should compensate for the damage caused by a similar book, or a publication recognized by the library as equivalent in the amount of “book for a book” or pay its market price;
- extend the usage period of books on subscriptions and reading rooms on time;
- in case delay books handed out home from the reading hall, a fine of 20 som per book and 20 som for each subsequent day of delay is imposed on the violator;
- at the end of the school year, before August 1, all books must be returned;
- readers, who ignore the rules of use or cause damage to the library bear administrative, civil (material) liability in the forms provided for by the current legislation and the Rules of using the library.
Readers are not allowed:
- break the silence and order in the library premises;
- use someone else’s document to obtain literature;
- spoil library publications, make notes in them, underline, fold pages, cut and tear out sheets, spoil a label with an RFID-tag of a document, tracing drawings, maps, drawings;
- come into the office premises, to the auxiliary fund of the book depository without permission;
- use scissors, razors, glue, office equipment, duplicated documents in the reading halls and take literature out of the reading room;
- take photo and video filming of the premises and materials of the library. Taking photo and video filming is allowed with the permission of the library administration;
- take literature out from the reading halls of the library and leave personal belongings unattended.
- The library is a smoking-free area, and indecent immoral behavior is also unacceptable here.
Obligations and rights of the library
The library is obligated:
- serve readers in accordance with the “Regulations on the Library of OshTU” and these Rules;
- inform readers about all types of services provided;
- to provide readers with the opportunity to use all the library funds;
- popularize their foundations and services provided, develop and encourage interest in books;
- improve library and information services for readers by introducing computerization and advanced technologies;
- create and maintain comfortable conditions for readers’ activities in the library;
- to register, store and use the books, other printed works and other materials in the fund in accordance with the established rules;
- be responsible for the preservation of their funds, which are part of the national cultural heritage;
- ensure constant monitoring over returning the issued literature to the library in time, apply penalties to readers who did not return it within the prescribed period;
- not allow restricting readers’ access to documents stored in the library;
- The library has the right to apply penalties on readers who have broken the rules.
If the following rules are broken, readers are deprived of the right to use the library:
- for using someone else’s library card and breaking the silence in the reading halls – for 1 month;
- for damaging books, magazines and other publications (tearing out pages), taking into consideration their high value – for 3 months;
- for insulting the Library staff during their of duty – for 6 months.
According to regulatory requirements, the Library has the right to arrange sanitary days. On sanitary days, readers are not served.