Master’s Degree Department
The Master’s Degree Department is a subdivision of Osh Technological University, which organizes the conduct of the educational process at the second stage of higher education (in Master’s Degree).
Master’s degree is the second stage of higher education, which provides each student with a special, individual program of study, aimed at preparing students for independent research, scientific, pedagogical, and innovative activities.
The Master’s Degree Department of Osh Technological University was formed on the basis of the order of the Rector of Osh Technological University on September 4, 2013 as a result of the reorganization of the department of postgraduate, doctoral and master’s programs, opened in 2004.
Atakulova Merim Abdykerimovna
Position: Head of Master’s Degree Department
Academic title, specialty: Doctor of Philology, Professor, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Natural Sciences (RF).
Published books, scientific works and other publications: Has released 14 teaching aids, 4 textbooks, 4 monographs, has published more than 100 scientific articles.
tel .: 0777 27-07-77, 03222 4-37-37
The main objective of the master’s degree department is to assist in providing full-fledged opportunities and conditions that are consistent with the preparation of undergraduates in accordance with the principles of continuing education, the needs of the global labour market, and the formation of an integrated educational space in the training of scientific personnel.
The main tasks of the Master’s Degree Department are:
- organization and planning together with the leadership of the departments for the reception and training of masters in the available fields and specialties;
- ensuring the training of scientific and pedagogical personnel demanded in the global labour market, as well as timely defense of master’s theses;
- organization and coordination of educational and methodological work of the departments for the preparation of undergraduates, including control over the development and implementation of the departments of scientific and educational programs;
- monitoring, recording, analyzing and evaluating the status of the preparation of undergraduates based on the results of certification and scientific achievements of students
Directions of the master’s professional activity:
- Organizational and managerial;
- Scientific and pedagogical.
After graduating from the Master’s Degree, masters can continue their studies in the doctoral PhD.
Training of master’s course students is carried out in full-time and part time courses.
Duration of study: full time – 2 years, part time – 3 years.
Currently, the master’s degree department along with the other departments prepares 15 specialties in 13 directions.
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Electricity and electrical engineering;
Specialty: Power supply;
Specialty: Electric power systems and networks;
Specialty: Management in the electric power industry
- Cartography and Geoinformatics
- Computer science and programming technology
- Automotive process technology
- Information systems and technologies
Specialty: Information systems and technologies in economics
- Applied Informatics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Infocommunication technologies and communication systems
- Ecology and nature management
- Technology of production and processing of agricultural products
- Vocational training
Currently, there are 219 master’s course students studying at the Master’s Degree Department.
Thesis defense from 2005-2017
No. Years Total Defended Theses
Highly qualified staff of Osh Technological University carry out scientific management of the work of master’s course students. Of them: doctors of science – 11, candidates of science – 28, masters – 12.
From 2007 to 2017, 282 masters graduated Osh Technological University. Many of its graduates, having defended master’s theses, continue to work successfully in the university.
Teaching in the Master’s Degree Department of Osh Technological University has a number of advantages:
- first, the best teachers of higher education institutions of Kyrgyzstan, world-renowned scientists, as well as heads of state and non-state organizations with extensive experience are invited to read master classes to the master’s course students;
- Secondly, an individual approach to each student prevails in the master’s programme, which allows one to obtain deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the specialties available;
- Thirdly, based on the results of studies, a state master’s degree is issued, which is recognized in all countries of the Bologna system;
• fourthly, the master’s degree gives the possibility of further education in graduate school, the development of the ideas of the master’s research in the dissertation for the degree of candidate of sciences;
- Fifthly, graduates can become modern highly qualified specialists demanded by services of the most different fields of activity and forms of ownership, can be engaged in scientific and teaching activity in higher educational institutions.