The system of distance learning in the Osh Technological University named after academician M.M. Adysheva
- General Provisions.
- Goals and main strategic directions of the development of the Distance learning (DL) system in OshTU.
- Social and professional groups for which the DL in OshTU is calculated.
- Educational and methodological support of DL.
- Information and technical and marketing support of DL.
- General Provisions.
In connection with the intensive development of information technologies, and especially Internet technologies, the problem of the development of distance learning acquires special significance. The problems of the development of distance education began to be considered much broader than originally. Taking into account the intensive development of information technologies, the educational market and the educational environment itself are changing in the world, within the framework of which the learning process is being implemented. World trends show that the future is behind flexible models of the educational process, in which various means, methods and technologies, including remote ones, are actively used.
The main objectives of using distance education technologies Distance Learning Technologies (DLT) are:
- the educational system is in line with global trends and the growing demand for quality educational services;
- development, participation and use of the opportunities of the unified educational space of the world community;
- providing a fundamentally new level of access to quality education, excluding territorial barriers;
- Creation and use of new forms of training to improve the quality of learning while integrating them with other forms of education.
The use of information and communication technologies distance and distance learning technologies (DLT) allows:
- create and develop a full-fledged DL system;
- develop new modern teaching methods;
- create and adapt educational materials in qualitatively new forms.
Distance learning allows you to get a university diploma for all those who for one reason or another can not study internally. This is especially true for our republic, where the problem of training and retraining of specialists has recently become acute.
Having received training materials in electronic or printed form using telecommunication networks, a student can acquire knowledge at home, in the workplace, or in a special computer class anywhere in the Kyrgyz Republic (KR) and near, far abroad.
Computer systems can advise, test to identify errors, provide necessary recommendations, open access to electronic resources. Training courses provide access to the main domestic and international databases and knowledge at any distance and at any time.
Distance learning, as well as full-time, has three forms of knowledge – theoretical, theory and practice and practical. The main difference between distance learning is the impossibility of constant contact between the instructor and the student. In this form of training, all information is transmitted on various electronic media. However, different options for contact during the course are possible. For example, installation sessions (arrival of students to the university) or video-audio conferences, etc. Distance form of training is not the worst in comparison with full-time. Despite the absence of a teacher or trainer, the responsibility of the student increases and special emphasis is placed on independent work.
Most of the higher educational institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic are currently moving to the use of means and methods of distance learning, conferences, seminars are being held that discuss issues of DLT. Developed case studies, Internet (network) and telecommunication methods of distance learning. New regulatory documents are coming into force, creating a legal basis for the use of distance technologies in the educational process.
The main goals and strategic directions of the development of DL in OshTU.
The main purposes of using DLT in OshTU are:
- Diversification of education technologies in OshTU in accordance with modern world trends.
- Maximum satisfaction of high demand for quality educational services of OshTU (preparation of entrants, general education programs, higher vocational education, advanced training, professional retraining).
- Participation of OshTU in the single educational space of the world community, including the exchange and full use of the full range of information, interaction with other participants in the world educational system.
- Overcoming territorial barriers for training in OshTU and ensuring accessibility of education for all segments of the population.
- Integration of DLT and new forms of training with classical forms of training in order to increase their effectiveness. Introduction of modern tools for quality control of education.
Expansion of the core business of OshTU.
The main strategic directions for the development of the DL OshTU system are:
- Creation of a full-fledged DL system in OshTU with the participation of all structural units;
- the creation of a distributed system of regional DL centers;
- Creation of a system of standards and quality control system for distance education programs;
- Creation of effective self-financing mechanisms for the DLs system and procedures for using funds received from the implementation of DLs;
- Creation of international partnerships of OshTU within the framework of introduction of innovative educational technologies.
Social and professional groups for which the DL OshTU is calculated.
First of all, OshTU is designed for:
- Specialists, bachelors and masters who wish to receive (raise) qualifications under the programs of higher (additional) education;
The implementation of the DL system in OshTU is carried out taking into account the comprehensive quality control of distance educational services in order to maintain the high level of training and the status of the received education documents. Within the framework of the DL system, there is a permanent commission on the quality of distance education services.
The use of licensed software and products in the DL system requires special control.
Educational and methodological support of DL.
Special educational and methodological support of distance learning includes:
- electronic and multimedia textbooks, teaching aids, lectures (and their printed versions);
- methodological manuals for virtual laboratory (seminar) classes and also for the execution of coursework, diploma papers (projects);
- computer-based training programs;
- program-pedagogical tests;
- educational videos;
- audio and video lectures;
- modular educational and methodical complexes, working textbooks;
- as well as new pedagogical methods and techniques for their use, etc.
Integrated network educational and methodical complexes are created, which can be implemented in the off-line and on-line mode in an integrated regional educational environment, or in the form of distributed training, distributed Internet trainings in the implementation of educational programs in higher education, as well as additional professional education. Within the framework of integrated network training courses, the Internet is used not only as a means of delivering information, but also as an educational environment.
The structure of the network educational and methodical complex includes:
- educational and educational materials;
- software (for simulating the content of the domain, for modeling the conditions of future professional activity, used in the practical activities of enterprises, etc.);
- bank of test tasks;
- Communication tools (e-mail, message board, forum, chat).
Information and technical and marketing support.
Electronic components of educational and methodical complexes are located in the unified information and educational environment of the university. in the educational portal of Informational System of AVN, which are located on the OshTU servers.
Structural subdivisions of OshTU independently provide marketing of their distance educational programs, including using the technical capabilities of the university.
Department of Informatization and Innovative Technologies of Education and the faculties of OshTU coordinate and support the information support of DL programs, the use of modern marketing tools and competitive advantages of educational programs for the promotion of distance educational programs of OshTU in the Republican and international markets for distance education services.
The OshTU provides the conditions for communication, exchange of experience and mutual support among all participants of the DL OshTU system, in particular through courses, seminars on distance education, the establishment of contests and grants for the best projects using distance learning technologies.