Board of Trustees in OshTU
The Members of the board of trustees in OshTU
- Nurbaev A.N. – deputy of the JogorkuKenesh, chairman;
- Alimbekov D.K. – Vice- Minister of Emergencies;
- Toktorov E.S. – rector of the OGYU;
- Ergeshov A.E. – President of the society “Yyyk Ata-Jurt”;
- Turdukulov A.T. – Head of DEU-21;
- Daminov D.D. – General Director of JSCOshelektro;
- ZholdoshovA.Zh. -chief architect of Osh city
Regulation on the Board of Trustees of OshTUCONSIDERED at the Scientific Council of OshTU, Protocol No. 2. 1415 from October 31, 2014
APPROVED by the rector of OshTU, October 31, 2014
Regulations on the Board of Trustees of Osh Technological University named after Adyshev М.М. (with amendments and additions in the revision of the Law of Kyrgyz Republic from May 30, 2014 No. 81)
1. General Provisions1
Board of Trustees of OshTU named after Adyshev M.M. (hereinafter referred to as the Council) is an institution of co-management of OshTU who provides social services to citizens who do not have the status of a legal entity and is formed in accordance with the procedure established by the Law of Kyrgyz Republic “On the Board of Trustees” and these Regulations.
1.2. In its activities, the Council is guided by the Constitution of Kyrgyz Republic, the laws of Kyrgyz Republic “On Education” and “On the Board of Trustees”, the Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic “On further measures to ensure the quality of education and improve the management of educational processes in the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as further development and improvement of governmental forms of management of these processes and ensuring their financial transparency “, the Order of the Ministry of Justice of Kyrgyz Republic” On the Board of Trustees of Higher Educational Institutions of Kyrgyz Republic “and other normative legal acts.
1.3. The Council carries out its activity on an ongoing basis on the principles of voluntary and non-repayable participation in its activities of representatives of the public authority, local government and civil society organizations.
1.4. The term of the Council’s Board starts from the moment of its election and ends at the end of the three-year term of its activity.
1.5. Public hearings of the Council are held according to the schedule approved by the rector of OshTU named after Adyshev M.M.
1.6. The decisions taken by the Council are of a recommendatory and consultative nature and are taken into account by the authorized state body in the field of education.
2. The purpose and objectives of the Council.
2.1. The purpose of the Council is to assist the leadership of OshTU named after Adyshev M.M. at -• improving the quality of the provided educational services;• establishing transparency of the university;• efficiency and targeted use ofextra-budgetary funds by the university;
2.2. The tasks of the Council are:• Facilitating the creation of conditions for the effective organization of university activities;• assistance in achieving the university’s statutory goals and objectives (implementation of state policy in the sphere of education and science, development of educational, scientific, technical, human resources, improving the quality of educational programs, etc.);• Facilitating the effective interaction of state bodies, local self-government bodies with civil society organizations and with international organizations;
3. Powers of the Council
3.1. The Council, fulfilling its powers, thereby:1) promotes OshTU in the development and adoption by the founder of the development strategy of the university, as well as in improving the quality of educational services provided to them;2) views and implements the execution of the budget for expenditures of extra-budgetary funds;3)implements the search and donor recruitment (investors, patrons) and other sources of funding for the development of the university, which do not contradict the legislation of Kyrgyz Republic:
3.2. Executing its Powers, the Council is entitled, within the limits of its competence:
- represent and protect the interests of OshTU named after M.M.Adyshev;
- make suggestions on the definition of the university development strategy and assist the university in improving the quality of the providededucational services;
- make suggestions, both to the university management, and to the relevant state competent bodies for improving the university’s activities, improving the normative legal acts in the field of education and science;
- invite employees of the university and its units; representatives of state bodies and local self-government bodies, as well as interested organizations and specialiststo the meetings of the Council, and, if necessary, to involve experts, consultants, auditors, creating working groups, for monitoring and evaluating the activities of the university;
- if necessary, establish temporary or permanent commissions among the members of the Council;
- request necessary documents or other information related to the university’s activities, including extra-budgetary, financial and business, and other relevant officials of the university; with the exception of information relating to state or other secret protected by law;
- get acquainted with the results of a university audit by fiscal bodies;
- transfer the materials of the revealed violations to the authorized state bodies, law enforcement agencies, and their officials for taking appropriate measures;
- study and generalize public opinion on the activities of the university and use the received information to eliminate the noted shortcomings and improve the work of the university; – actively participate in ongoing public hearings about the financial activities of the university and make suggestions on the issues arising on them.
- get acquainted with the results of the university’s audit by fiscal bodies.
3.3. Carrying out its activities, the Council should:
- approve the Work Plan, previously developed by the Council;
- constantly interact in the work with the university’s management, its founders, local authorities and other organizations;
- analyze the effectiveness of the provided social services and make suggestions for their improvement;
- to prepare annual reports on their activities and to inform the public about the obtained results and effectiveness of the decisions taken through the media or the website of the MoES of Kyrgyz Republic, and to assist the university in informing the public about its activities;
- to attract additional sources of funding for the university that do not contradict the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- at the request of authorized state bodies, to provide them with reports on their activities.
4. Conditions and procedure for forming the Council
4.1. Members of the Board of Trustees of OshTU named after Adyshev M.M. can be:1) capable citizens of Kyrgyz Republic who have experience of working in institutions of social sphere or public activity;2) representatives of business circles, scientific and educational organizations, cultural and social institutions, non-governmental and international organizations;3) representatives of commercial and non-profit organizations, student and parent associations.
4.2.Members of the Council is formed in accordance with its structure in an amount of no more than 15 people specially created by the Commission, in the amount of no more than 11 people, the MoES of KR, the local state administration and the local kenesh.
4.3. The created Commission in the amount of no more than 11 people through the media or the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyz Republic gives an announcement about its creation and formation of the Council.
4.4. Representatives of organizations specified in clause 4.1. Provisions, delegate their representatives to the Council within 30 days from the date of publication by the commission on its establishment and formation of the Council.
4.5. The MoES of KR, the local state administration and the local kenesh have the right to express the reasoned refusal of the civil society organization in the candidature submitted by it within 3 days of receipt of the submission. If the same candidature is repeated with a specific motivation and its recognition is convincing, it shall be approved for membership in the Council within 3 days.
4.6. The members of the Council is approved by the decision of the Commission with the consent of the MoES of KR, the local state administration and the local kenesh.
4.7. The term of office of the Council is 3 years. The same person is entitled to be a member of the Council unlimited number of times.
4.8. Persons who are founders and directors of OshTU, can not be members of the Council of this university.
4.9. Members of the Council of OshTU can not be members of the councils of other social institutions.
5 Obligations, rights and responsibilities of the members of the Guardian Board
5.1. Members of the Council are obliged:
- to attend meetings of the council, participating in its work;
- to observe the ethics of the conduct of the Council members;
- to fulfill the decisions of the Council;
- to fulfill other duties established by the legislation and the Charter of the Osh Technological University named after M.M.Adyshev;
- in the performance of their duties and the exercise of rights, they must act in the interests of citizens receiving educational services.
5.2. A member of the Council has the right:
- to participate in the work of commissions, working groups created by both the Council and the MoES of KR, the local kenesh;
- to attend as observers meetings and meetings held in OshTU and its subdivisions;
- to initiate early termination of the powers of the chairman and other members of the Council;
- Other rights established by the legislation of Kyrgyz Republic and the Constitution of OshTU
5.3. A member of the Council has no right to publish, transmit to the public authority or other persons documents, decisions, recommendations or other information on behalf of the Council, if they have not been adopted or approved by the Council, or have not been agreed with the Council in accordance with the established procedure.
5.4. Members of the Council are responsible to OshTU for:
- for damage caused by their actions or omissions. At the same time, those who voted against the decision of the Council that caused the damage, or did not take part in voting at all, are released, in this case, from responsibility;
- for violation of the norms of the law of Kyrgyz Republic “On the Board of Trustees” and this Regulation., As well as other normative legal acts, in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of Kyrgyz Republic
6 Termination of authority of Council’s members
6.1. The powers of a member of the Council terminate in the event of:
- expiration of the term for which he was elected;
- submitting to them a written application for the termination of authority at their own request;
- leaving Kyrgyz Republic for permanent residence;
- entry into legal force of the court’s conviction in respect of him;
- recognition of him / her incompetent by judicial procedure, as well as missing or deceased;
- violation of the ethics of conduct of Council’s member, who caused damage to OshTU or the reputation of the Council;
- for health reasons in accordance with medical opinion;
- Lack of meetings of the Council more than five times in a row without good reason.
6.2. The decision on the early release of a member of the Board is taken by two thirds of the total number of members of the Council.
6.3. The replacement of a vacancy in Members Council is effected in accordance with the procedure established by Art.4 of these Regulations.
7 Organization of the Council
7.1. The Council carries out its activities on the following principles:
- good faith;
7.2. At the first meeting, which is opened by the oldest member of the Council, it’s members nominate a candidate to serve as the chairman of the Council. If the nomination does not occur, then the process of self-nomination is carried out.
7.3. After the nomination or self-nomination is carried out, the election of the chairman of the Council takes place by an open vote of the members of the Council.
7.4. The candidate who obtained the majority of votes from the total number of the Council’s members is considered the elected chairman of the Council.
7.5. The term of office of Council’s chairman is one year, which is calculated from the day of his election and terminates on the day that precedes the election of a new chairman.
7.6. The election of a new chairman of the Council takes place in the last month of the term of office of the acting chairman.
7.7. In case of missing the terms of the election of the Council’s new chairman for specific reasons, the acting chairman of the Council continues to exercise his powers until the election of a new chairman.
7.8. For the period of his absence, the Chairman of the Council assigns his duties to one of the members of the Council. If it is impossible to give such an order, the performance of the functions of the Chairman of the Council is vested in a member of the Council by a decision of the Council by a majority of votes from its general membership.
7.9. Chairman of the board:
- organizes the work of the Council;
- represents the Council in its relations with state bodies, local governments and other organizations
- draw up a work plan for the Council for the year, which, after consideration by the members of the Council, is approved by a decision of the Council;
- Convenes meetings of the Council;
- determines the issues to be submitted to the meetings of the Council;
- preside at meetings of the Council;
- organizes verification of materials submitted to the Board,
- organizes a synthesis of the results of the work of the Council and takes measures aimed at improving the organization of the Council’s activities;
- informs the founder of the university, the MoESof KR, the local state administration and the local kenesh about the work of the Council;
- performs other functions in accordance with decisions of the Council.
7.9.1. In case of non-fulfillment or inadequate performance his functional responsibilities by the Chairman of the Council, his powers may be terminated ahead of time by a decision of the Council adopted by at least two-thirds of the total number of members of the Council.
7.9.2. The Council elects the Secretary of the Councilamong its members by open majority vote. (According to the decision of the Council for technical support of secretary’s activities, persons may be engaged on a contractual basis (as amended by the law of KR of 24.1U.2014, No. 81, art. 9, 8, paragraph.2).
7.10. Secretary of the Council:
- ensures the preparation of Council meetings;
- notifies the members of the Council of the date, time, agenda and venue of the meeting of the Council (no later than 15 days before the next meeting of the Council and 5 days of the extraordinary meeting of the Council);
- keep protocol of Council’s meeting;
- organizes and conducts clerical work in the Council;
- exercises control over the implementation of the decisions of the Council;
- Executes instructions from the Council and the Chairman of the Council;• performs other functions that have arisen in accordance with the instructions of the Council and its chairman.