- Mission of Osh Technological University
- Strategic goals and objectives of Osh Technological University
- Strategy of Osh Technological University until 2020
- History of the university
- Subdivisions of Osh Technological University
- Information, sport and students’ committee
- Contact information
Mission of Osh Technological University:
- Providing qualitative and affordable education using the latest educational technologies and innovations.
- All-round support for the recovery and development of the economy and production, machinery and technologies in the republic by training highly qualified specialists of the new formation, trained on the principles of a competency-based approach and capable of practical implementation of the knowledge gained in science, production, and entrepreneurial activity.
- Achievement of international recognition.
Strategic goals and objectives of Osh Technological University
- To improve the quality of education to the level of advanced universities in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia with subsequent access to the international level.
- To increase the prestige of the university as the most advanced engineering- technical and technological university in the south of the country.
- Enter the international space in the field of education.
- To achieve recognition in the regional, Central Asian and international educational space
Strategy of Osh Technological University until 2020
- Until 2020, complete the transfer of higher education to international and European standards.
- Implement a set of measures for the university to pass national and international accreditation.
- Strengthen vocational guidance among applicants using modern IT technologies, social networks and the media.
- To provide high-quality and affordable education using the latest educational technologies and innovations.
- To expand and improve the internal management system and internal monitoring to ensure the quality of education at the university.
- Transform the university into a modern scientific, technical, engineering, technological and creative center.
- Create an effective system of educating young people in the spirit of respecting national honor and dignity, patriotism, preserving the traditions and customs of their people, and high culture.
- Organize an effective anti-corruption system at the university.
- To assist graduates of our university in finding employment not only in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic, but also in the near and far abroad countries that are able to successfully withstand competition in the international labor market.
- Strengthen the research work of the teaching staff and enter the international level.
- Attract the teaching staff and students to participating actively in international research and educational projects, take a worthy place in the international educational system, encourage youth to integrate science and education.
- Improve the quality of the teaching staff. Take an active part in seminars, trainings, conferences and round tables organized by city, regional, republican and foreign universities.
- Strengthen ties with leading universities in the near and far abroad for the exchange of experience.
- Strengthen the economic, material and technical base of the university; create all conditions for the training of highly qualified specialists.
- To create a modern sport and recreation base at Osh Technological University, to promote a healthy lifestyle among the youth of our university.
- Improve the system of labor assessment, remuneration and promotion of the teaching staff.
History of University
The training of construction, transport and power engineering based on our university, began in 1963, when the general technical department of the Frunze Polytechnic Institute was opened in order to introduce young people from the southern region of the Kyrgyz Soviet Socialist Republic to higher technical education in Osh city. It was an evening training for three years.175 students were admitted to the faculty annually, of which 50 – in the specialty “Industrial and Civil Engineering”, 50 – in the specialty “Power Supply of Industrial Enterprises and Cities”, 75 – in the specialty “Automobile Transport”. For three years, students underwent general technical training, and completed their graduate studies at the Frunze Polytechnic Institute or other technical universities of the Soviet Union.
Subdivisions of Osh Technological University
In accordance with the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On Education”, the Regulation “On State Educational Institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic, Osh Technological University has the following structural units:
- Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining;
- Institute of Applied Sciences;
- Institute of language training and international educational programs;
- Technological college
- Uzgen College of Technology and Education named after Academician B.M. Murzubraimov;
- Faculty of Automobile Transport;
- Faculty of Energy;
- Faculty of Architecture and Construction;
- Faculty of Cybernetics and Information Technology:
- Faculty of Economics and Management;
- Faculty of Technology and Environmental Management;
- Faculty of Natural Technology
- The financial planning department;
- Postgraduate and doctoral studies department;
- Department of magistracy;4. Department of special and mobilization work;
- General department;6. Archive;7. Technology and Innovation Support Center;
- Medical center;
- Department for the organization of the educational process and the quality of education;
- Department of educational work and social development;
- Administrative department;
- Human Resources Department;
- Department of science;
- Department of international relations;
- Department of civil defense, labor protection and safety;
- Trade Union;
- Center for Information and Innovative Technologies;Centers:
- Center for pre-university training;
- Career Center;
- Cultural and aesthetic center;
- State language center;
- American Resource Information Center;
- Korean language center;
- Chinese language center;
- Educational Scientific Laboratory: Climate change and land use;
Information, sport and students’ committee:
- Television studio “Zhashtyk”;
- Social and cultural newspaper “Stud times”;
- Student magazine “Universal”;
- Scientific journal “Izvestia OshTU”;
- Digital library;
- Sports club “Namys”;
- Students’ hostel;
- Youth Committee;
- Office of the Student Ombudsman;
Educational-scientific laboratory: Climate change and land using;
Information, sport and student committee:
- TV studio “Zhashtyk”
- The public cultural newspaper “Stud times”
- Student magazine Universal;
- Scientific journal “Izvestia” OshtTU;
- Printing house;
- Digital library;
- Sports club “Namys”
- Student hostel;
- Youth Committee;
- Office of the student ombudsman;
Osh Technological University named after M.M. Adyshev is a higher professional educational institution, in its activities it is guided by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On Education”, decrees of the Kyrgyz Republic, decrees and decisions of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, other normative legal acts of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Charter of Osh Technological University named after M.M. Adyshev.
In 2006 this university passed accreditation / certification, as a result of which certificate №SF 160000073 was issued, confirming the status of a higher educational institution, (university) implementing a higher education program (bachelor’s degree) with the right to award academic degrees in areas of training according to the application with the issuance of state-issued diplomas. (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic №. 369 \ 1 dated March 28, 2016).
In 2017, Osh Technological University passed independent accreditation in the areas / specialties according to the appendix: Certificate №. VU180000022, in 2017 (order of the accreditation agency for educational programs and organizations №. 3004 dated 12/27/2017). ”
The total number of the university employees in the 2017-18 academic year was 767 people. Teaching staff – 408 people, of which full-time – 389; part-timers-17; administrative and management personnel -108 people. The total number of employees at the Uzgen Technological Institute- 76.
Among 408 members of the teaching staff, 11of them are doctors of sciences, professors, 96 candidates of sciences, associate professors. The teaching staff with a work experience in a university of more than 10 years is 72%.
The university has:
1. Honored Scientist of the Kyrgyz Republic, Academician of the NAS of the Kyrgyz Republic;
2. Honored Education Workers of the Kyrgyz Republic;
2. Honored Workers of the Geological Survey of the Kyrgyz Republic;
9. academicians and corresponding members of industry academies;
more than 80 teachers who received the badge “”Excellence in Public Education of the Kyrgyz Republic”.
The average age of doctors of sciences and professors is 55 years, candidates of sciences, professors – 52 years old, candidates of sciences, associate professors – less than 40 years.An important role in training is played by women. Among them: 2 doctors of sciences, professors, 24 candidates of sciences, associate professors; 82 senior teachers; 83 teachers.
Address of Osh Technological University,
Osh city, Isanova street,81.
Email address: email@example.com