Master’s Degree Department
The Master’s Degree Department is a structural subdivision of Osh Technological University, which organizes the educational process for the second degree of higher education (in Master’s Degree).
Master’s program is the second stage of higher education, providing a special, individual study program for each student aimed at training to independent training of scientific-pedagogical, innovative activities.
The Master’s Degree Department of OshTU was formed on the basis of OshTU Rector’s order by September 4, 2013 as a reorganization result of the postgraduate, doctoral and master’s department, that was opened in 2004.
Atakulova Merim Abdykerimovna
Current position: Head of the Master’s Program Department
Academic degree, specialty: Associate Professor, Professor of OshTU
Published books, scientific works and other publications: Has published 14 teaching-method handbooks, 3 textbooks, 4 monographs, has published more than 60 scientific articles.
tel .: 0777 27-07-77, 03222 4-37-37
The main goal of the Master’s Program Department is to support in ensuring the full capabilities and conditions of the relevant training of undergraduates in corresponding to the principles of lifelong learning, the needs of the world labor market, the formation of an integrated educational space in the training of scientific personnel.
The main tasks of the Master’s Degree Department are:
- organization and planning in admission and preparation of undergraduates in the existing areas and specialties together with the leadership of the departments;
- provision of training of scientific and pedagogical personnel in demand on the world labor market, as well as defense of master’s theses in time;
- organization and coordination of the educational and methodological work of the departments on preparation of undergraduates, including control over the development and implementation of scientific and educational programs by the departments;
- Control, accounting, analysis and assessment of the training condition of undergraduates based on the results of attestations and scientific achievements of students.
Directions of professional activity of the master:
- organizational and management;
- scientific and research;
- scientific and pedagogical.
After graduation, graduate students can continue their studies in doctoral PhD.
Preparation of undergraduates is carried out in full-time and part-time training forms.
Duration of training: full-time form – 2 years, part-time form – 3 years.
Currently, the Master’s Program Department together with the chairs prepares 14 specialties on 12 areas.
- Applied mathematics and computer science;
- Power engineering and electrical engineering;
specialization: power supply;
specialization: electric power systems and networks;
- Cartography and geoinformatics;
- Informatics and technology programming;
- Construction of the project (TEMPUS);
- Information systems and technologies;
specialization: information systems and technologies in the economy;
- Applied Informatics;
- Infocommunication technologies and communication systems;
- Ecology and nature use;
- Technology of production and processing of agricultural products
At present, there are 194 undergraduates studying at the MA, of which: 128 in the first year, 66 are the second course students.
The scientific management of master’s work is carried out by highly qualified employees of Osh Technological University. There are 10 doctors of sciences, 28 candidates of sciences, and 14 masters.
From 2007 to 2016 Master’s Degree Department of OshTU graduated 224 undergraduates. Many of its graduates continue to work successfully at the university after defending master’s theses.
Training in the Master’s Degree of OshTU has several advantages:
- Firstly, the best teachers of higher educational institutions of Kyrgyzstan, scientists with world-wide names, as well as heads of state and non-governmental organizations with extensive work experience were invited to the master’s classes;
- Secondly, the individual approach to each student prevails in the master’s program department, which allows students to get really deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the above mentioned specialties;
- Thirdly, according to the results of training, a state master’s degree diploma is awarded, which is recognized in all countries of the Bologna system;
- Fourth, the Master’s program provides the opportunity for further education in postgraduate studies, development of ideas for master’s research in the thesis for the degree of candidate of science;
- Fifth, graduates can become modern highly qualified specialists, in demand various fields services of activity and forms of ownership, can work in scientific and teaching activities in higher educational institutions.