International Relations of Osh Technological University
Osh Technological University carries out its international activities in accordance with the law of Kyrgyz Republic, the University Charter, the international department regulations in the following areas: establishment and development of effective mutually beneficial partnerships with international associations, organizations, diplomatic missions, foreign educational institutions; assistance in the improvement of educational programs, quality of training, training of future specialists, promotion of innovative projects by taking into account the experience of world’s leading educational institutions; increased practices of international academic mobility of employees and students of the University; contribution in the export of educational services; holding international scientific conferences and seminars.
To integrate Osh Technological University of named after M.M. Adyshev into international educational community, develop and strengthen the university’s ties with the world’s leading scientific centers, the “International Relations Office” (IRO) was established at the university.
1 Goals and objectives of IRO
1.1 The main goal of IRO is organizing and coordinating the participation of Osh Technological University in the international cooperation programs aimed at improving the quality of educational programs, increasing the international prestige of OshTU.
1.2 Main tasks of IRO are:
• Develop cooperation with international organizations and educational institutions, diplomatic missions;
• Implement international educational and research programs and projects, attracting international investment in the development of the University;
• Organize studies abroad for students and post-graduate students, internships of teaching staff and university staff; hold international scientific conferences and seminars;
• Coordinate international cooperation of faculties, departments and other structural divisions of the University with foreign partners;
• Organize foreign students training; post-graduate students, doctoral scholars, trainees’ visits by intergovernmental and inter-university agreements, and individual visits as well;
• Export educational services.
2. Functions of IRO
In accordance with the main tasks, the department performs following functions:
2.2.1. Organization of an integrated system of University’s international cooperation with other countries, regions and international organizations in the field of education, science and culture.
2.2.2. Promotion of University integration into the world educational system to become a full partner and ensuring its participation in the international market of educational services.
2.2.3. Identification of priority programs for the development of international relations with foreign states and international organizations, the formation on their basis of international programs and cooperation projects in conjunction with other units of the university:
- Assistance to OshTU units to call for foreign grants;
- Assistance to call for grant projects;
- Participation in the implementation of projects in cases grants received;
2.2.4. Organization of works on University’s obligations fulfillment arising from the Agreements on cooperation with the states of the distant and near abroad, on education, as well as relevant international cooperation programs, interdepartmental treaties and agreements.
– Preparation for signing the contracts and other documents on joint activities with foreign partners;
– Arrangements for reception of foreign representatives: scheduling of dates and programs of reception in OshTU: foreign experts, delegations, employees of diplomatic services, post-graduate students, trainees, students (for all types of training);
2.2.5. Organization of trainings, internships, advanced training of foreign citizens and compatriots.
– Creation and maintenance of a database for possible participation in international cooperation.
– Search for foreign partners for teacher exchanges, preparation and signing of relevant agreements.
– Involvement of foreign experts to the University to activate works on specific areas.
– Organization and conduct of events aimed at acquiring skills and abilities necessary for the establishment and development of international contacts
– Providing consultation for the faculty on issues of obtaining passports, opening visas, booking hotels, etc.
2.2.6. Organization of admission of foreign students and teachers for various forms of training and advanced training per specialties of the University.
– Assistance in the preparation of documents, visas, tickets, letter of invitation;
– Providing activities to foreign citizens on explanation of the current legislation in the field of education of the Kyrgyz Republic, internal regulations of the organization of education;
2.2.10. Information and analytical support of international cooperation.
2.2.11. Supporting University’s website with information on international activities.
2.2.12. Ensuring University community, departments employees with up-to-date information on ongoing international scientific forums, programs of various organizations and funds
2.2.13. Preparation of annual reports on the activities of the office; Facilitation of facsimile, telephone and electronic international communication:
– Faxing and connection for telephone calls;
– Receipt of facsimile and electronic messages and their delivery to addressees;
– Accounting and control of international telephone calls and facsimile dispatches carried out by the University staff through the international department.
Eurasian national University named after L. N. Gumilev www.enu.kz/ru Kazakh national University. Al – Farabi www.kaznu.kz/ru Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical university www.kaznpu.kz/ru
Technical University of Lublin http://www.pollub.pl
Polzunov Altai State Technical University Kuban State Technological University
Kemerovo Institute of food science and technology Tomsk Polytechnic University Far Eastern Federal University Novgorod state University Kazan state power engineering university Altai state University https://www.asu.ru Astrakhan state University asu.edu.ru/ Kostroma state agricultural Academy
Moscow automobile and road construction
state technical university
www.madi.ru Moscow state University of press named after him. Ivan Fedorov http://mgup.ru/ Moscow state University of civil engineering mgsu.ru/ Moscow state University of Economics, statistics and Informatics http://www.mesi.ru/ Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics www.mtuci.ru National research University www.mpei.ru National research technological University misis.ru National research “Tomsk Polytechnic University” https://tpu.ru Omsk state transport University www.omgups.ru Omsk state technical University www.omgtu.ru Saint Petersburg national research University of information technologies, mechanics and optics http://www.ifmo.ru Pacific national University http://pnu.edu.ru Novgorod state University. Yaroslav The Wise www.novsu.ru Ural state University of Economics www.usue.ru Siberian federal University www.sfu-kras.ru Moscow Institute of Economics http://www.noumei.ru France University Of Grenoble Alpes www.communaute-univ-grenoble-alpes.fr Germany LOGO Agriculture and ecological Balance with Eastern Europe www.logoev.de PRAXX https://praxx.eu Korea Hanyang University http://kz-study.kz University Of Jeonbuk http://www.chonbuk.ac.kr Honam University www.honam.ac.kr University Of Jeonju http://www.korea-education.kz India Education global gateway Uzbekistan Polytechnic University of Turin polito.uz Kyrgyzstan Kyrgyz economic University. M. Ryskulov www.keu.kg Batken State University The Confucius Institute at Osh state University http://www.oshsu.kg Osh state University oshsu.kg
International Projects: TEMPUS and ERASMUS+ programs
№ Project Title Coordinator 2010-2013 The project CREDO (the third cycle of training on renewable energy and environmental technologies to create a doctoral program) KTH Royal institute of Technology (Sweden) GEM project. (Geoinformatics: Energy Resources and Environmental Management) University of Salzburg (Austria) SIBELES project.( Curriculum Invoking Bologna-aligned Education leading to reform programs in Environmental Studies) Göttingen University (UGOE)
2012-2015 QUADRIGA project.
Qualification frameworks in Central Asia: Bologna-based principles and regional coordination priority
“Master programs on Renewable Sources of Energy and Energy Efficiency in buildings in Central Asia and Russia Lund University, (Sweden) 2013-2016 UNIWORK project.
“Strengthening Career Centers in Central Asian Higher Education Institutions to empower graduates in obtaining and creating quality employment”
University of Alicante (Spain) PROMIS project. Project-based professional Master’s studies “Informatics as a second competence “
Management – Innovation – Development (MIND)
Coordinator: Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Calle Juan de Quesada,
35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria,
Las Palmas, Spainweb-site: http://www.ulpgc.es
Description: Central Asian universities could become those sites where the interest of different
stakeholders – potential employers, government and youth could meet each other. An innovation and research is what modern society asks for.
Creation of the Youth Centre will allow young people who usually don’t have appropriate knowledge, experience and funds to start their own business or develop any project to do it within these centers – develop a business model and start a micro or small business or non-commercial company. This is should not be just/or only a business idea – focus could be made either on social development, urban communities or environment.
Within the project students will receive instruction on the fundamentals of leadership and business, normative and legislative support, while also investigating and articulating their own priorities and values. Over the courses, classes, speaker programs, and other experiences help build advanced leadership skills and develop awareness of how business works. Development program will become three-year program that will push students to set and achieve ambitious goals for their own advancement as leaders.
Develop an online platform where students could upload their works and proposals for potential investors or any other interested parties. Those projects that are highly demanding or could bring much advantage in social context could be supported/ financed and developed by university, government or private business companies. The program is expected to: develop students’ leadership skills; create the system of consultancy for newly developed and up-running enterprises; support start ups of universities’ students; create and develop University Innovation Consulting.
Units responsible that will provide students with all necessary knowledge, consultant service, courses, equipment, market research, legal and managerial advice during several stages of the process of their project. Those are: development, approbation and start.
International University Cooperation on Land Protection in European-Asiatic Countries (IUCLAND)
Coordinator: Universita Degli Studi del Molise
Via Francesco De Sanctis, 1,
86100 Campobasso, Italy
Description: Education will play a crucial role in the land degradation protection. This involves an opportunity and implies rethinking and reorganizing higher education institutions (HEIs) to become effective change agents in terms of learning outcomes for students. Coherently with the regional and international effort at political level, IUCLAND proposes to improve the effectiveness of development and land protection strategies by increasing cooperation capacity and best practices productivity, though educational patterns involving HEIs and all potential stakeholders, e.g. farmers’ association. The main objective is to create an international network in Land Degradation topics among universities and other organizations of the society at large aimed at:
– establishing structured cooperation for scientific research and knowledge transfer;
– starting summer school and workshop that will train the actual and future generation of academics able to do research and produce innovation in the framework of land degradation.
– exchanging experiences and good practices related to educational programs. These objectives will be realized also through short-term mobility of teachers, administrative and technician, students for putting in common educational programs, quality assurance procedures, teaching materials, and to improve them with input from society in terms of required skills and jobs in environmental topics. All the branches of Environmental and Agriculture Science, and Remote Sensing are involved. As a result, the promotion of homogenization dynamics affecting educational patterns will improve international cooperation ability and effectiveness supporting the efforts played at national and regional levels.
gSmart – Spatial ICT Infrastructures for Smart Places
The gSmart Erasmus Mundus scholarships initiative is based on a network of European and Central Asian Universities with a focus on interdisciplinary ‘Spatial Sciences’, aiming at improving the management of societies, economies and environments through modern geospatial methods and techniques. Aiming at students or staff who are working (or planning to work) with spatial methods like GIS or Remote Sensing or GNSS on explicitly “spatial” problems in any relevant discipline!
During their studies at a European partner university, applicants will receive a sound education in the field of Geoinformatics. Bachelor level students will take part in regular exams, typically in English language. Master students for example will have the chance to finish their studies with a Master in Applied Geoinformatics, Master in Spatial Information Management or Master in Water and Environment. PhD and Postdoc scholars will be involved in co-teaching and team teaching. Staff mobility will be dedicated to short term teaching visits.
gSmart only targets disciplines sharing a spatial dimension: Geography, Geodesy, Geology, Architecture and Planning, Regional Social Sciences, Resource Management, Water and Environmental Studies, Agriculture, Regional Economics, Transportation, Civil Engineering etc. Applicants from these disciplines use common digital models, technologies and methods as a core qualification in high demand in academia, industry and administration; they enhance their competences in Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, GNSS, decision support and impact assessment, geovisualisation, geostatistics and spatial data infrastructures.
The gSmart network will be sharing and building knowledge, competences and skills across disciplines, via mobility of students and faculty between institutions, joint short intensive courses and a virtual campus with online lectures, converging in a highly qualified community of practice.
Academic mobility is aimed at expanding international cooperation of OshTU through the exchange of experience and knowledge among students and employees. Students have the opportunity to go to a partner institution for a period of one semester or one academic year for training and practice, but the teachers and the staff members of OshTU, depending on the selected program can be mobilized for a period of 5 days or more for teaching, conducting research and participating in the fellowship programs.
Academic mobility programs
- Erasmus + program
- Academic exchange program of Praxx
- Academic Exchange Program of Logo
- The program of academic mobility within the framework of bilateral treaties and agreements between OshTU after M.M. Adyshev and partner universities.
Osh Technological University conducts educational activity on the basis of a state license and a certificate of accreditation that gives the right to issue documents on higher education of a set pattern to persons who have successfully completed training.
The university conducts continuous works on the export of educational services. Annually enrolls students a number of which are citizens of foreign countries. Foreign students from Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen and Korea are studying among the University students. For this, perennial international partnerships, and information and communication resources are used.
ADMISSIONS AT OSHTU
On the contract form of training in Oshtu named after M.M. Adyshev is accepted by foreign citizens who have successfully passed nationwide testing and the corresponding additional subject test or who successfully passed the corresponding directions (specialties), introductory tests
- Applicants entering as foreign citizens, provide:
- a personal application;
- the original and a notarized translation into Russian of the document on education and its annexes, duly certified in the established manner;
- Foreign citizens who have foreign documents on education must be legalized before the submission of documents to the Admission Board (apostilled) in accordance with the established procedure (information can be obtained at the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic);
- original and copy of the passport / visa translation
- Medical certificate on the absence of contraindications for study abroad (absence of HIV, AIDS, tuberculosis). The certificate must be translated into Russian and notarized.
- -12 black and white matte photos 3×4. (without a headdress)
BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE UNIVERSITY
STEP 1. SEND DOCUMENTS
Send the passport copy to the email depinternationaloshtu
Attention! A convincing request for a copy of the passport must be in an appropriate format and legible.
STEP 2. LEGALIZATION AND TRANSFER OF DOCUMENTS ON EDUCATION
Please note that upon arrival at the university, your education documents must be legalized (stamped with Apostille) in due course.
!! Attention Passport and foreign documents on education (diploma and application) must be translated into Russian and notarized before arrival at the university. Before submitting documents to the department for work with foreign students, it is necessary to pass foreign documents on education for examination (information can be obtained at the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic);
STEP 3. CONFIRMATION OF ARRIVAL TO UNIVERSITY
After receiving the consent / direction for training, it is necessary to confirm the arrival to the university 2 weeks prior to arrival by e-mail or by phone for booking a place in the hostel.
You will receive the hostel address from the Oshtu employee by e-mail after confirming your arrival, indicating the date and time.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE UNIVERSITY
STEP 1. HOSTEL (IF NECESSARY)
- Upon arrival, check in the hostel.
- Give the guard a passport and you are taken to a room.
STEP 2. PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR ACCOMMODATION
On the day of arrival or the next day (exception: days off) you must appear with the original passport to obtain the forms required for admission:
STEP 3. PASSPORT-VISA DEPARTMENT
On the day of arrival or the next day (exception: days off) you must report to the international department of the university department with the following documents:
- Original passport
- Certificate of residence
All foreign citizens arriving in the Kyrgyz Republic must submit documents for registration in the passport and visa department of the university within 3 days after crossing the border of the Kyrgyz Republic o All foreign citizens must extend the student visa / registration a month before the end of her term
TEP 4. ACCESS TO THE OWNER
For enrollment, you must provide:
- original passport
- Photocopy of the first page of the passport and visa (if any) on one page
- Original educational documents and notarially certified translation into Russian of documents and passports
- The document on education must be legalized (apostilled) in the prescribed manner (information can be obtained at the Kyrgyz Embassy)
- a copy of all pages of the passport (1 copy);
- 12 photos 3 * 4 cm
- results of examinations
- signed statement from the institute
- completed questionnaire .
- medical certificate on the state of health with marks about vaccinations; document of the medical institution of the country of residence of the candidate, confirming the absence of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and AIDS
Important 1. Students are required to pay for training in the Bank of AKB, RSK.
- Narmirzaeva Sharapat Abdilbakievna +9960770582293 email@example.com • Karimova Jyldyz Usonovna firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN ALL THE STEPS SUCCESSFULLY – CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT ENROLLED IN OSHTU!
Vice-Rector for External Relations and Development
Attokurov Urmat Tologonovich
Academic degree: Candidate of Technical Sciences
Academic rank: Docent, corresponding member in the Academy of Engineering of the Kyrgyz Republic
Position: Vice-Rector for External Relations and Development
+ (996) 3222-4-35-18, email@example.com
Narmirzaeva Sharapat Abdilbakievna
Position: Head of the department
Education: Osh state university,
Teacher of Foreign Languages
+(996) 770582293, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karimova Zhyldyzkan Usonovna
Position: Senior specialist
Education: Osh state university, Teacher of Foreign Languages
Osh technological university, MA in Economics
+(996) 770582293, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Senior specialist
Education: Osh state university, Teacher of Foreign Languages
+(996) 772166579, email@example.com